Diesel injection lines
As the leading European manufacturer of cold-drawn seamless and welded precision steel tubes and producer of welded precision-rolled precision steel tubes, Mannesmann Precision Tubes GmbH (MPT) offers a wide range of products as well as extraordinary services in consulting, sales and service with a great deal of scope for intelligent solutions.
This is evident both in motorists’ increasing technical demands, as well as new statutory requirements requiring higher injection pressures. Current market forecasts continue to predict rising injection pressures. For passenger cars, system pressures of over 2,700 bar are expected over the medium term, while values of over 3,000 bar are even being predicted for commercial vehicles.
MPT is offering a large precision tube portfolio of diesel injection lines, both for high end and high performance engines, as well as economic solutions for the new markets.
The product portfolio (DSG 1600 and DSG 1800) has been complemented with the new Common Rail Grade (‘CRG’) series. The CRG series offers excellent steel and surface qualities (according to ISO 8535) engineered for the highest resistances based on special micro alloying concepts.
In the course of many years of development work, it has been possible to significantly reduce the scatter of mechanical characteristics and surface inhomogeneities. In combination with adequate autofrettage processes, extremely high system pressures can be realized.
- Reduced pollutant emissions (e.g., CO2, nitrogen oxides, soot)
- Compliance with exhaust gas emission standards
- Efficient fuel consumption
- Driving dynamics thanks to higher specific engine performance
- Suitability for plastic shaping
- Corrosion resistance
- Excellent fatigue strength
- Design criterion 1 ppm failure probability (operating pressure + peak pressure) for 107 load cycles
- Suitability for autofrettage processes