Tailor Welded Blanks for Highest Customer Demands
Salzgitter Europlatinen GmbH (SZEP) was founded in 1997. After the first production facility was installed, productions starts in 1998. SZEP invested continuously in the expansion and modernization of the production facility.
In 2000 a semiautomatic laser beam welding system for the production of prototypes and small series was installed. In the following years 2002, 2003 and 2010 a spot welding machine and four large welding machines (Nd:YAG solid-state laser) were implemented.
The plant design offers high flexibility to serve our partners with individual solutions.
- Engineering customer-specific, lightweight construction solutions with tailor welded blanks, patchwork blanks, stamped blanks
- Support along the customer process chain
- Press-fitting logistics services
- Improved crash properties
- High stiffness
- Good formability
Weight savings / lightweight construction:
- Reduced sheet thickness
- Function integration
- Optimized material use
- Optimal nesting of the blanks, reduction of the BIW processes
Patchwork blanks are utilized where, due to local constraints, higher material requirements are imposed. This is also expedient in combination with tailored blanks.
Examples: reinforcement of door sill, rear end part, side wall A-pillar, etc.