As the leading European manufacturer of cold-drawn seamless and welded precision steel tubes and producer of welded precision-rolled precision steel tubes, Mannesmann Precision Tubes (MPT) offers a wide range of products as well as extraordinary services in consulting, sales and service with a great deal of scope for intelligent solutions.
Seamless Precision steel tubes for Airbags feature outstanding toughness properties with very low transition temperatures dedicated even for operating temperatures as low as -60 °C. Depending on the specific requirements airbag tubes are delivered either as micro-alloyed engineering steel or quench and tempering or even air hardening steel. Dedicated burst tests on tube in static as well as dynamic condition confirm excellent close-to-component ductile values. MPT offers quench and tempering on the final tube product to offer a complete new family of airbag tube products.
- Cold or warm forming formability
- Excellent component strength
- without any indication of fragmentation at low operating temperatures
- Suitability for light-weight concepts
- Well-defined, finely-graded and isotropic microstructures
- Excellent tube strength properties featuring very low transition temperatures
- Excellent static and dynamic strength properties
- Excellent ductile values